If you are a forward-thinking professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive career opportunity within the Business and Information Services Division in the Health Services Department.
Specialist, Health Planning File # 07-414
Contract Full-time (13 Months)
As an integral part of the Policy and Performance Measurement Team, you will provide expert consultations/services to program staff in planning, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services. This will be accomplished by
- providing expert planning, analytical, technical and report writing services to program staff as negotiated on a project or initiative specific basis
- providing technical advice and recommendations to senior management on strategies and policies to support effective program planning and evaluation
- authorizing program evaluation initiatives as designated under relevant policies and procedures
- chairing the Program Planning and Evaluation Team working group
- managing special projects related to other performance improvement initiatives
- planning and implementing education opportunities for staff and management on program planning and evaluation, as well as other related duties as assigned. You will also be involved in opportunities to collaborate and work with internal staff, external agencies and planning and evaluation colleagues in the province.
If you possess
- Masters Degree in Sciences or Health Sciences, preferably in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion or Public Health, Program Planning and Evaluation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset
- a minimum three years experience with program planning and evaluation and community health research
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Health and Community Health issues and the ability to synthesize information about a wide range of public health program goals and objectives
- an understanding of stakeholder and participatory issues and the ability to assess their impact on a wide range of program planning and evaluation activities
- an ability to identify and communicate organizational issues pertaining to improvements in program planning and evaluation to management
- skill and experience in qualitative and quantitative methods of community research and/or health research
- an understanding and sound judgment in dealing with ethnical concerns related to actual or potential impact on clients or the organization including knowledge of related legislation
- Strong knowledge of statistical methodologies and experience with statistical software
- excellent computer skills using SPSS/SAS, Access, Excel
- demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with strong project management and detailed organizational talent, we would like to hear from you
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $62,977-$78,722
- pay for performance
- a pension plan (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System-OMERS)
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment
- tuition assistance
- training and development
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please visit us at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and click on current job listings and Specialist, Health Planning (Public Health) File 07-414. Deadline to submit your application is noon on November 27, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.