The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multiservice centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services to residents of South East Toronto. The centre is a member of the Diabetes Education Community Network of East Toronto [DEC NET] - a partnership with Toronto East General Hospital and East End Community Health Centre. DEC NET provides self-management education and support for adults with type 2 diabetes. We are looking for a permanent part-time Community Dietitian to join our team.
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate diabetes education programs and community initiatives, in collaboration with the DEC NET team members.
- Develop and evaluate nutrition education resources and counseling materials
- Nutrition education and clinical counseling experience
- Ability to speak and write a South Asian Language is preferred
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diet, nutrition and food access
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
Deadline: Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please