Friends of CHN is an ad hoc group whose objective is to focus attention on the closure and its impact, and to try to turn this decision around. We have created a petition addressed to Prime Minister, Stephen Harper and Minister of Health, Tony Clement with the following message:
We the undersigned support the Canadian Health Network. We demand that the funding cut required of the Public Health Agency of Canada be rescinded, that full, stable funding for the Canadian Health Network be restored immediately, and that this valuable Canadian health information resource continue to be developed to become the best of its kind in the world.
Please act today to preserve the Canadian Health Network. Sign this petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/saveCHN and add your voice to the many who are defending non-commercial, publicly funded health information for all Canadians. Send a letter (or make use of a sample letter we have provided) to your MP, the Minister of Health, and the Prime Minister.
Here are some more things you can do to help:
- Join Friends of CHN--send an e-mail to [email protected]. We will occasionally send out updates to everyone who has joined the group to let you know what progress we've made and how you can help.
- Voice your opposition by writing to the Federal Government--for messages and addresses see http://www.blogs.opc.on.ca/?p=204.
- Join the Facebook group to share your support and ideas: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6400982981
- Tell your friends and colleagues about Friends of CHN
- Volunteer your talent--let us know what you can do (write letters, talk to the media, connect with government officials, create a website, take notes on a teleconference, etc.) by writing to us at [email protected] or by joining the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6400982981 or both.