A professional development opportunity working with the CAAWS Women and Leadership Program
In response to public demand for leadership workshops targeted to a younger audience, CAAWS has recently developed a youth leadership workshop designed for girls and young women (ages 15-20) who are involved in sport, recreation and physical activity as athletes, coaches, volunteers and hope to continue to contribute to sport in their future career or through volunteer activities. CAAWS has made the initial investment in the leadership program by developing the content and piloting the sessions and is now seeking qualified individuals to be trained as "Youth Leadership Facilitators" (YLFs). Each YLF selected will receive comprehensive training in the delivery of the youth leadership workshop and will subsequently be required to deliver the workshop to the target audience in her own community.
Youth Leadership Facilitators are required to have the following competencies and experiences:
- Held/hold a leadership role in sport, physical education, recreation, active living (3+ years experience)
- Experience in delivering workshops, seminars/training sessions or teaching
- Confident public speaker with an ability to engage participants in discussion
- Basic computer literacy (word processing, e-mail and PowerPoint)
- Ability to oversee the logistics for hosting workshops (i.e., event planning experience as required)
- Have a women-centered approach and a personal commitment to developing girls and women in sport
- Have a strong working relationship and access to an existing network of girls and young women aged 15-20 years old (i.e., sports team, school-environment, community recreation centre, health club, etc.)
Interested individuals who meet the qualifications must complete a registration form and send it to CAAWS. Visit http://www.caaws.ca/e/leadership/program/training_opportunities.cfm for more information.
[Source: SPRYNT, http://www.lin.ca/index.cfm?fa=resource.mailinglist]