Toronto Airport Hilton
Presented by the Canadian Standards Association and Ontario Safety Association for Community & Healthcare
The national priority on patient safety is a complex issue, one that requires an understanding of the underlying causes of adverse events. Among these is front-line worker health and safety, an issue closely linked to patient outcomes. Healthcare front-line workers are at a higher risk of workplace related illness or injury and this can limit their ability to provide consistent quality care. For that reason, an effective program addressing wellness of the healthcare professional is a critical step towards improving the safety and wellbeing of the patient.
Join us for two days of comprehensive information on building a culture of safety and linking it to quality care.
- The prescription for quality care and healthy workplaces
- Healthcare and health and safety management systems
- Building a culture of safety to improve worker and patient well being
- Safe patient handling
- Implementing an infection prevention and control program
- Impact of workload on patient care and quality
Cost: $1,095 (Conference only)
Optional Workshops: March 5, 2008
For more information on this and other CSA learning events, please visit http://learningcentre.csa.ca/.