Bellwood Health Services, a premiere addiction treatment centre located in Toronto, provides treatment for alcohol and drug dependence, gambling problems, eating disorders, and sexual addiction within the context of a caring community.
Bellwood currently has an opening for a full-time Addiction Counsellor.
- Provide aftercare services to Bellwood clients.
- Run evening recovery groups
- Run outpatient evening groups
- Liaise with Community Referral Agents and EAP Representatives.
- Communicate with BHS interdisciplinary team members.
- When needed, connect with family members.
- Attend team meetings
- Complete quality assurance duties.
- Assist when necessary with enquiry calls
- Provide program education sessions (including Saturday coverage)
- Present at graduation
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 or more years experience in the Addiction Field
- Counselling diploma or equivalent, ICADC certificate an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Good written skills
- Computer literate.
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate must be able to work Tuesday- Saturday and some evenings. You will also be required to cover holidays and sick time.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Noreedah Dean in the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. We will also accept resumes via mail at
1020 McNicoll Avenue
Toronto, ON, M1W 2J6
Fax: (416) 495-7943
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.bellwood.ca. Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.