Purpose of the RFP
The Regional Diversity Roundtable (of Peel) is seeking proposals from diversity trainers to facilitate Diversity-In-Action (working title): a two-day diversity and equity Train-the-Trainer (TTT) learning exchange for individuals working within the human service sector who are directly engaged in diversity work.
This will include working with members of the Capacity Building Working Group of the Regional Diversity Roundtable to build from an existing training framework.
Background on the Regional Diversity Roundtable
The Regional Diversity Roundtable is a network of organizations and institutions committed to building inclusion and diversity competence that results in the institutionalization of equity in their core values, structures, workforce, policies and services.
RDR Vision: To promote respect and equity within organizations and institutions for an inclusive and harmonious community.
Mission: The Regional Diversity Roundtable is committed to being a leader in supporting organizations and institutions to be diverse and equitable in order to provide services that are fair, inclusive and culturally appropriate.
- To outline and explain various approaches to diversity and equity as they relate to the sector
- To demonstrate practical equity tools for training and organizational development
- To facilitate the exchange of best practices among colleagues
- To highlight regional, national, and international resources
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of diversity and equity concepts and frameworks
- Exchange, and gain knowledge of diversity and equity tools
- Design and facilitate a diversity training
- Know how to build equitable community partnerships
- Create critical paths to diversity and equity within their organizations
Timeframe for Completion of Project
The successful candidate will:
1. Facilitate, and create materials for a 2-day session (February 27th, & 28th, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., in Mississauga, ON) as follows:
- Day One: Facilitate entire session
- Day Two: Moderate the days proceedings and facilitate one training stream
2. Identify facilitators to deliver two additional workshop streams
1. Provide sound facilitation for the day's proceedings:
- Maintain meeting timeframes
- Ensure equitable participation of all group members
- Utilize principles of diversity and equity during facilitation
2. Create a diversity and equity workbook, and additional training materials as needed, in consultation with the Capacity Building Working Group.
Additional Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience with facilitating diversity & equity training (minimum 3 years)
- Experience and comfort with network organizations and/or collaborations
- A clear understanding of diversity, equity, cultural competence, and anti-oppression principles and practice
- Effectiveness in: adult education, popular education, group dynamics, conflict resolution
- Flexibility, intuition, creativity, discipline and humour
- Comfortable with outsourcing and subcontracting team members
- Familiarity with the human services sector in the Peel Region would be an asset
Please provide a covering letter (including your expected rate of pay), detailed CV, and 3 recent references based on related initiatives, work, and/or completed projects no later than: Monday, January 28th, 2008, 4:00 p.m.
If necessary, interviews will be held between January 29th and February 1st, 2008.
All submissions must be in electronic form; either PDF or Word format, and sent to [email protected], with the subject line: Proposal: Diversity Trainer.
For Additional Information, please contact
Njeri Damali Campbell
Coordinator, Regional Diversity Roundtable;
(905) 602-3650 x 2327
Chair, Regional Diversity Roundtable
Thank you for your application. We will contact short-listed candidates only.