Position: Nurse Practitioner (RNEC)
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre (DPNC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. Our Health Centre operates a busy family practice, which includes both obstetrical care and social work services.
As part of our clinical team, the nurse practitioner will work within his/her extended scope of practice to provide primary health care and promotion to the families in this community. The successful candidate will be expected to work one evening a week; work independently and as part of a team; work on and off-site including home and hospital visiting and may participate in on-call services.
- previous experience in community based primary health care within a culturally diverse community, with corresponding knowledge and commitment
- Baccalaureate nursing degree with Extended Class Certificate of Competence from CNO (or pending)
- Excellent health assessment skills, sound clinical judgment and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients with acute episodic and stable chronic illness
- Ability to order/interpret results of screening, diagnostic lab tests, x-rays and ultra sounds
- Experience prescribing drugs and knowledge of pharmacology
- Ability to determine the need for and implement health promotion, primary and secondary prevention strategies for individuals, families and communities
- Effective counseling and group development skills
- Ability to interact positively with people of diverse cultures and marginalized populations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Word processing and computer literacy
- Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches
- Affiliation through language or culture with Caribbean, Hispanic or Portuguese communities an asset
Start date: Immediately
Submit resume to HR Manager at email@example.com or mail to
1900 Davenport Road
Toronto, ON M6N 1B7
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre encourages applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender/sexual orientation and ability.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.