City of Hamilton
Public Health Services
(Planning & Continuous Improvement - Applied Research and Evaluation ) - Location - 1 Hughson St. N., 4th Floor)
Program Evaluation Co-ordinator - CUPE 5167(inside Workgroup)
(1 Permanent Full Time Position)
Summary of Duties
The Program Evaluation Co-ordinator is responsible for developing, co-ordinating and implementing program evaluation activities across Public Health Services. The Program Evaluation Co-ordinator provides leadership and consultation related to research/program evaluation methodologies to Planning & Continuous Improvement and Public Health Services. This is achieved through the provision of expertise, training, support and guidance in the design and implementation of program evaluation activities.
- Co-ordinate and implement research/program evaluation activities throughout Public Health Services to ensure evaluation activities address departmental program needs and priorities.
- Consult with departmental staff in developing program needs assessments and evaluations by providing methodological expertise and advice on the feasibility and value of specific evaluations.
- Develop tools and provide training to departmental staff to support and enhance needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Develop methods to ensure the dissemination, uptake and utilization of research/program evaluation initiatives.
- Prepare oral and written reports of the results of program evaluations and needs assessments to facilitate timely decision-making by management and staff.
- Develop grant proposals for external funding of departmental research/program evaluation activities.
- Initiate and mobilize effective linkages with key community partners to establish partnerships that would increase access to information and resources.
- Contribute to the development of health and social service sectors by facilitating student education, participating in research, teaching and participating in activities of professional associations.
- Develop a budget, monitor and report on expenditures related to evaluation projects.
- Participate as a Public Health Services representative on local, provincial and national research/evaluation initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Knowledge of theories and principles of public health programming including community health planning, epidemiology and program evaluation normally acquired through Masters training in Health Science or Applied Science with an emphasis in the area of program evaluation.
- Knowledge of and progressive experience with demonstrated analytical, qualitative and quantitative research /program evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with microcomputer systems and software packages for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis, i.e. SPSS, SAS, NVIVO.
- Facilitation, negotiation and public relations skills in order to support multidisciplinary staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a group.
- Time management skills, ability to concurrently manage a variety of projects and priorities.
Salary: Salary Grade N, $30.592 - $31.982 - $33.373 - $34.763 per hour
Hours: 35 per week
The incumbent shall comply with all health and safety policies and practices for this position and the workplace.
Deadline January 23, 2008
It is the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience with their application for this competition and ensure that it reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all present employees.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Physical Address: Mailing Address:
Debbie Paddock, Staffing Specialist Debbie Paddock, Staffing Specialist
Human Resources Human Resources
120 King St. W., 9th Floor City Hall, 71 Main St. W.
Hamilton, ON Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5
Do not remove from the Notice Board until after the closing date and only then as authorized by the Department Head.