Facilitators: Nancy Dubois and Robb MacDonald
These introductory-level half-day workshops cover the basics of THCU's recommended step models. In each workshop,
- we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the "why" and "how" of each step,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- identify quality sources of more information, tools and personalized consultation services.
We recommend these sessions for
- Anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- Front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate programs and services.
- Managers or team leaders who train or advise staff about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Participants may enroll in one, some, or all of the following half-day sessions:
- Planning Health Promotion Programs
- Evaluating Health Promotion Programs
- Influencing Policy Change and Development
- Developing Health Communication Activities
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer all THCU workshops and services for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/registration.cfm. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available.