Position No.: 08 - 30
Date Posted: January 15, 2008 (Noon)
Date Removed: January 22, 2008 (Noon)
Interested Regional Employees are invited to apply for the following position by submitting a resume, along with a completed Internal Opportunity Application (Form V-05-006) and forward to the Human Resources Division located at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton.
*(Contract) Health Promotion Officer
Health Services - Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Duration: approximately thirteen (13) months
Role Profile: Specialist II
Band 6 - $55,142 - $68,928
No. Of Openings & Position Location: One (1) contract full-time - 9445 Airport Road, Brampton
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week - Monday through Friday
Duties & Responsibilities: As an active member of the Healthy Eating and Physical Activity team, you will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion policies, practices and programs related to physical activity promotion and childhood obesity prevention. You will ensure that recommended initiatives and programs are based in best practices, current research and are responsive to community needs. Working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment, you will provide consultation to the public, staff, community partners (school boards, parent councils, local parks and recreation departments etc.) and other professionals regarding health promotion strategies and best practices specific to physical activity promotion for children and youth and childhood obesity prevention strategies. As well, you will develop educational materials and apply health promotion principles and strategies to program planning and policy development in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to effectively meet Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines.
- University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation
- knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines, specifically in the area of active living
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion and evaluation
- ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote healthy lifestyles to target groups
- knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS projects, or Microsoft Outlook would be considered an asset
- ability to travel to various regional locations and able to work some evenings and weekends.
* Should this position become regular, it will not necessarily be reposted.