Position No.: 2007-40
Position Title: Program Manager - Permanent
35 hrs/week -- 1.0 FTE
Program: Youth, Adult- Clinical services
Reports to: Director, Community Health & Disease Prevention
The successful candidate is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating Sexual Health and Sexually Transmitted Diseases including HIV/AIDS mandatory programming with a focus on clinical services (community and school based). In addition this position is responsible for management of programs and services, which target youth in school and in the community. The successful candidate will provide leadership, within the division, to move towards Electronic Health Records. This position is responsible for the supervision of PHNs, RN(EC), administrative assistants and physicians.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flexible working hours are occasionally required
Position Effective: As soon as possible
Salary: 2008: $39.92/hr to $46.97/hr
- Masters level preparation in health science or administration
- Baccalaureate Nursing degree from a recognized Canadian university or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience working in sexual health and STI services
- Five years experience in community health setting
- Previous management experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Ontario drivers license and access to a vehicle.
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization
- Please visit our website at http://www.wdghu.org.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fergus, ON N1M 2W3
Fax: (519) 846-0323
Deadline for application is Friday, February 15, 2008, at 4:30 p.m.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.