The Four Villages Community Health Centre is located in the Bloor-Keele area of west Toronto. It is funded by the Toronto Central LHIN. A Satellite operation has been approved and is under development
The successful candidate will participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs which foster self-help, mutual aid and capacity building and address needs of community, especially youth and other priority populations who face barriers in accessing health and wellness. As a member of the interdisciplinary primary health care team, you will work within the framework of the social determinants of health to engage the community and plan effective responses to identified health needs.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Degree/diploma in a health or social science discipline from a recognized university or a combination of post-secondary education and experience in health promotion and/or community development;
- Three to five years experience in community development, outreach, organizing, and health promotion;
- Proven experience working with youth and other vulnerable populations in a community setting;
- Extensive experience in community based program planning,
- Strong group facilitation skills;
- Experience with volunteer coordination;
- Proven knowledge of community health care;
- Proven ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment, as well as ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Success in partnership development and proposal writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients in a culturally diverse community, and with colleagues;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills;
- Proficiency in the use of web-based research, databases, word processing, presentation software and spreadsheets.
- Second language, relevant to catchment area populations, is an asset.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, flexible hours
Salary: Annual salary range of $42,578-51,299
Closing date: February 21, 2008
Interested candidates should email or fax a resume with a cover letter:
Director of Programs and Services
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in March 2008.