The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this contract opportunity with Peel Public Health.
Dental Health Educator (Public Health) File #08-109
Contract duration: approximately thirteen (13) months
As an integral member of a multidisciplinary team, your responsibilities include assisting in the dental program's mobile and preventive clinics, as well as providing support to the dental screening clinics. You will be working with young children and their families, and in the course of the day, you will be required to deliver oral hygiene instruction, provide clinical support, and assist with completing appropriate documentation. In addition, you will participate in implementing health promotion initiatives and providing dental outreach training and consultation to a variety of audiences in the community.
If you possess:
- a Certified Dental Assistant, Level II, and be in good standing with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association
- a minimum of two years working experience, preferably in a public health environment excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong public relations skills to effectively promote the importance of oral health to target groups
- experience in engaging in public outreach work is an asset
- ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented environment
- basic computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word
- an ability to travel to various regional locations on a day to day basis
- a willingness to drive the dental mobile vehicle (no special license is required; however, must be willing to take a supplemental safety driving course), we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer:
- a salary range of $39,856 - $49,819
- a comprehensive benefits package
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this attractive opportunity, please apply online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select current listings and Dental Health Educator (Public Health) File #08-109. The position closes on February 24, 2008.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.