The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this contract opportunity with Peel Public Health.
Health Promotion Officer (Public Health) File # 08-104
Contract duration: approximately thirteen (13) months
You will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team focusing on health promotion strategies for the Pandemic Preparedness and related activities. You will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion practices/programs in order to effectively meet the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines. As well as providing recommendations based on research, analysis of data and results related to program planning, you will also provide consultation and report writing regarding the programs and best practices. You will also develop educational, outreach and health promotional materials used for broad based campaigns, targeted populations, communities and health professionals in order to meet program objectives.
If you possess:
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1-3 years related experience in project management, program development, implementation and evaluation
- knowledge of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education, community development and health promotion
- strong research, analytical and report writing skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing, facilitation and public relations skills
- knowledge of MS Office, MS Access, MS Projects, SPSS or other epidemiological tools would be considered an asset
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and able to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer a:
- salary range of $55,142 - $68,928
- comprehensive benefits package
- healthy workplace
- family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this attractive opportunity, please apply online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select current listings and Health Promotion Officer (Public Health) File # 08-104. The position closes on February 24, 2008.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.