The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive career opportunity within the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention division in the Peel Health Department.
Dental Case Aide (Public Health) File # 08-108
As an integral member of the Dental Program team, you will implement the day-to-day administration and follow-up of the Children In Need of Treatment program (CINOT). You will also manage and monitor selected components of the program which includes inputting dental claims and preparing cheque requests for treatment rendered. In addition, you will liaise with the public health dentist on a daily basis and answer telephone enquires from community dentists, school officials and parents as the calls relate to CINOT.
If you possess:
- a Certificate in dental assisting along with a minimum of 3 years experience as a dental assistant
- a membership in good standing with the Ontario Dental Assistant's Association
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- proficiency using MS Office, Word and Excel
- and public health experience (an asset), we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- salary range from $39,856 - $49,819
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- advancement opportunities
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
The position is located at 9445 Airport Road in Brampton and it closes on February 24, 2008.
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please apply online by February 24, 2008, at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Select Current Job Listings and Dental Case Aide (Public Health) File # 08-108.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.