The job description can also be downloaded at http://www.hpclearinghouse.ca/pdf/Project_Coordinator_CDIP_Alliance.pdf (link opens PDF file).
Part-time, 6 month contract
A Steering Committee of volunteers is taking the lead to engage health promotion stakeholders in dialogue about the purpose, structure and funding models for a Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Alliance for Nova Scotia. A draft Terms of Reference, budget and governance model have been prepared to guide the work. A Project Coordinator is being sought to assist with phase two of this project - to begin implementation of the Alliance.
Project Coordinator Accountabilities
To support implementation of the Project through:
- development of communication materials to articulate the purpose, function and value of the Alliance
- development and implementation of a consultation process to provide potential participating organizations with information about the Alliance and its value to members
- development of a blended funding model that does not include fund-raising or corporate sponsorship
- securing through memoranda of understanding financial commitments for a 2 year period to support a phased in approach to implementing the Alliance
- development of a job description for an Executive Director for the Alliance
- Development of a transition plan that enables the Project Steering Committee to turn over governance of the Alliance to the Coordinating Committee as per the Terms of Reference for the Alliance.
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for health promotion and:
- strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- experience with governance of non-profit organizations
- familiarity with Nova Scotia's health promotion networks and organizations
- experience with intersectoral facilitation, networking and partnership building
- ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
- at minimum a baccalaureate degree (Masters preferred)
6 months, part time (.5 FTE)
- salary $17,000-20,000, no benefits
- flexible working hours and office location
- travel throughout the province a requirement (travel re-imbursement). Note: meetings in Halifax are required with no expense reimbursement.
The position focus is on organization building and may create future, long-term opportunities.
Please send your letter of application and resume to:
CDIP Alliance Implementation Project Steering Committee
c/o Cancer Care Nova Scotia
511 Bethune, 1278 Tower Road
Halifax, NS B3H 2Y9
Attn: Belva Mills, email@example.com
Deadline for application is 4:30 p.m., March 4, 2008.