The Manager of Community Health Promotion and Early Years is responsible and accountable for the coordination and implementation of the Community Health Promotion (CHP) and Early Years teams, ensuring ongoing development, service delivery and evaluation within the framework of the CCHC philosophy and strategic direction. He/she is a member of the management team and handles all aspects of staff management and administration for the teams. The Manager of Community Health Promotion and Early Years liaises and collaborates with external groups/agencies in order to ensure effective and comprehensive service delivery and to represent CCHC in groups and coalitions that address the broad determinants of health.
- Master level degree in Health Promotion, Social Work, Health Administration, related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years management experience managing a multi-disciplinary team in health care or social services, including supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated leadership in Community Health Promotion.
- Experience in Canadian community-based health care.
- Solid knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management.
- Community program development and evaluation experience.
- Strong planning, decision-making, leadership and organizational skills.
- Change management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages.
- Promoter of team work.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Familiarity with management information systems.
Start date: May 20, 2008
Salary range: $65,504-$78,921 (excellent benefits, including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan)
How to "express an interest" for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us why you would like to become the Manager, CHP &EY and how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé by March 1, 2008 to
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Job descriptions are available upon request.
Building healthier communities...together