Project Manager (AA2/09N)
Job Number: 0800065
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Faculty / Division: Faculty of Medicine
The mission of the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit is to undertake a program of research, development, and dissemination of knowledge about effective tobacco control programs and policies. Reporting to the Director of Research and Training, the Project Manager will be involved overseeing the administrative implementation of highly complex functions related to producing and implementing a Content Management System and the new Evaluation Module for a successful online continuing education course aimed at public health professionals. The Project Manager will be responsible for the financial management of a large Health Canada grant.
- Masters degree in health sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience.
- Evidence of strong planning, coordination and organization skills.
- Ability to provide guidance to a wide variety of stakeholders (including researchers, technical experts, government officials, editors, communication experts, public health professionals).
- Knowledge of approaches to and methods of evaluation of public health programs and policies.
- High degree of comfort with computer software (learning management system & content management system) and computer systems, including an understanding of servers and how they work.
- Experience with management of large budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of tobacco control and evaluation issues in the Canadian setting is an asset.
- Understanding of marketing and dissemination principles, as well as a working knowledge of French or Spanish an asset.
Job Field :Administrative
Campus: St. George (downtown Toronto)
Department: Ontario Tobacco Research Unit
Appointment Type :Grant - Term
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: 09N -- $49,025 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $62,645
Pro-rated Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate:
Percentage of FTE: 100%
Notes: Term Position, Possibility of Renewal
Job Posting: 20/Feb/08
Closing Date: 26/Feb/08