This Category II position is open to all interested parties.
1 Permanent Full Time Position
Under the direction of the Health Promotion Director, the Health Promotion Manager (HPM) will effectively and efficiently organize the local delivery of health promotion (HP) programs and implement initiatives for the Strengthening the Forces (STF) Program consistent with the direction and standards provided by the Strengthening the Forces, DCOS Force Health Protection, DGHS. The HPM acts as a resource person for HP activities on the base and delivers HP programs, activities and initiatives in areas of addictions awareness and prevention, nutritional wellness, social wellness and injury prevention consistent with the direction and standards provided by DCOS Force Health Protection (STF), on behalf of DGHS. The HPM utilizes mass media strategies, group processes, social marketing and public speaking skills. The HPM also identifies indicators of program success and provides input into the development of instruments for data collection and methods for evaluating programs.
- Masters degree in Health Promotion or a health related science discipline such as Nursing, Mental Health/Social Work, Nutrition, and Human Kinetics combined with some years experience in the delivery of community health or health promotion and prevention programs OR Baccalaureate in Health Promotion or a health-related discipline (as stated above) combined with some years experience in community health or health promotion and prevention programs.
- Language requirement: English essential, bilingualism (French / English) an asset.
- Of concepts and practices of health promotion and disease/injury prevention
- Of new trends and developments in Health Promotion in the community and workplace settings
- Of Canadian policies and activities in health promotion matters with regard to social wellness, addictions, nutrition and injury prevention
- Of applied health and social science research
- Of learning and teaching principles related to adult education
- Of the principles of attitude and behaviour change
- Of the principles of community development
- Of concepts and practices of mass communication and social marketing
- Of group dynamics
- Of the principles of strategic and operational program planning
- Of general business practices and theories
- Of budget administration
- Of personnel administration
- In group facilitation and team-building
- In oral and written communications for both professional and public audiences
- In preparing social marketing campaigns
- In collecting, analyzing and reporting data
- In the delivery of adult based learning and facilitation of workshops
- In report writing
- In project management
- In applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- In using audio-visual equipment and software
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to effectively apply interpersonal skills, to effectively apply organizational skills, to establish and maintain partnerships, to make sound decisions and set priorities, to be an effective group leader and be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Candidates are required to complete a written exam as part of the selection process.
Salary: $ 55,930 - $ 62,330 per annum.
Successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following core characteristics: team player, customer focus, positive attitude, excellence, and competence.
NPF is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements by mail to
Applications must be received before 1600 hrs on 5 March 2008.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the NPF Human Resources Manager at that time.