South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a contract Urdu-speaking Community Outreach Worker for four months to outreach and deliver breast heath programs to the South Asian Community.
- Develop an outreach plan to South Asian community on breast health
- Undertake an outreach program to the South Asian community in Riverdale.
- Establish links to local agencies providing services/program to South Asian women.
- Deliver workshops on breast health.
- Provide assistance to women in accessing breast health screening services.
- Produce and/or translate health education materials as required.
- A degree from a recognized university in health, social science, adult education, or a combination of diplomas and significant experience.
- Working experience in a community based / health organization.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of health promotion and health education, community development and program planning.
- Experience and knowledge of South Asian culture, health systems and resources.
- Ability to write and speak South Asian languages.
Deadline: March 21, 2008
Please send your resume to
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please