Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre (DPNC) is a multi-service community agency committed to furthering community development/capacity building and health promotion activities for all ages. A United Way Agency, the Centre specializes in programs ranging from early years to youth, isolated adults, health and seniors. The Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor Therapist will provide one to one and group supportive counselling for individuals or groups who have serious and long-standing mental health and/or addiction. The counsellor will also design, develop and implement programs/activities for individuals and small groups based on their health and social concerns, in order to maximize the functioning and independence of the individuals served.
- Graduate or Nursing degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Experience working with clients with mental health and addictions issues
- A minimum of 3 years experience in counseling/therapy, experience preferably in a community health setting
- Proficiency in current assessment, psychotherapy, and psychosocial counseling techniques for working with individuals, couples, families, groups
- Crisis intervention experience (e.g. housing, income, legal aid, etc.) and case conferencing, etc.
- Knowledge of community-based health services including the special needs of priority populations (e.g. newcomers, low income, people with addictions, post psychiatric, abuse survivors, etc.)
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community-based programs including planning and co-facilitating workshops
- Caseload management skills, including developing action plans for clients, monitoring client progress and maintaining records
- Proven issue management skills including time management, conflict management, team work, problem solving and meeting facilitation
- Experience working with changing client groups from diverse cultural backgrounds and needs
- Additional language skills in Portuguese, Spanish, or Mandarin an asset
- Knowledge of the Davenport Perth community is an asset
Submit resume to HR Manager at [email protected] or mail to
Davenport-Perth N. Ctre.
1900 Davenport Road
Toronto, ON M6N 1B7
Due Dates: March 28, 2008
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre encourages applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender/sexual orientation and ability.