Position No.: 2008-10
Position Title: New Media Specialist - Casual
.5 FTE (17.5 hrs/week) April-December 31, 2008
Division/Program: Corporate Support Services, Communications
Program Manager: Communications
Supports the design, implementation and evaluation of electronic communication for public health programs and services. This includes website, internet and other new media and social media platforms. Assigned tasks include (but not limited to):
- Provide strategic direction for integration of new media and social media platforms using evidence-based research
- Support website content/design development and maintenance
- Assess opportunities for Web 2.0 applications
- Integrate electronic communications into corporate and program communications plans
- Mentor staff in e-communications skills
- Support crisis communications planning and management
Please see website for a full job description.
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Flexible working hours are required.
Position Effective: April 2008
Salary Range: $29.04-$34.16/hr
- Baccalaureate degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- 1 year additional preparation in media/public relations, or communications at the College or University level
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 technology including blogs, podcasts, interactive portals and other content-sharing sites
- Knowledge of effective audience-specific media design
- Strong media evaluation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced computer skills in Word, web publishing, website CMS
- Valid driver's license and use of vehicle
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
This vacancy is as a result of approved budget funding.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Deadline for application is Friday, March 28, 2008, at 4:30 p.m.