The Canadian Health Network would like to thank its loyal Healthlink subscribers. Please be aware that this will be the last edition of this newsletter. Beginning April 1, 2008, Canadians will have access to timely, easy-to-use and credible public health information through the Public Agency of Canada's Web site: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca.
The Agency would like to invite you to subscribe to a new e-alert feature that will be available in the near future. Please click http://healthcanada.lyris.net/t/640863/3353561/1007/0/ to be added to our distribution list.
- Families and communities--working to reduce childhood obesity--Solutions are possible when everyone works together
- Healthy body, healthy eyes--How exercise, fruits and veggies can protect your vision
- The heart of Aboriginal health--Many factors increase the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- A sensible guide to a healthy pregnancy--Give your baby a healthy start!
Health Events Highlights
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- Kidney Health Month
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month
- Nutrition Month
- Poison Awareness Month
- World TB Day
- Make wise food choices--wherever you go!
- Healthy living can prevent disease
- This year, make a resolution to stay injury-free
- Seniors during emergencies and disasters: vulnerable yet resilient
- Planning is key: vacationing for people with disabilities
Did You Know
- Starting a community garden is easy... and good for you!
Spring Cleaning Tip
- Some of the best household cleaners are found in your pantry and refrigerator
Read the newsletter online at http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/special/newsletter/march15_08_e.html.