(Salary range: $49,394-$59,511 plus competitive benefits package)
Smiths Falls Community Heath Centre has just recently opened its doors. We are looking for a Community Dietitian to join our new and still growing team which currently includes a physician, nurse practitioner, nurse, data/information systems manager and support staff. As a member of SFCHC's inter-disciplinary team the Dietitian provides nutritional care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
- Perform nutritional assessments; develop client-focussed nutritional plans, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Dietitians of Ontario standards of practice.
- Perform community nutrition needs assessments, identify barriers to acquiring adequate food security and facilitate and support community initiatives to improve food security.
- Contribute to electronic chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case conferences, and make referrals.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
- University degree in foods and nutrition from a recognized university
- Completion of a Canadian Dietetic Association accredited Dietetic internship
- Eligibility for membership of Dietitians of Canada and the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Three to five years clinical counselling and community nutrition experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-based health care and resources
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency in use of computers for electronic charting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
Hours of work: 35 hours/week; flexible hours are required to meet service needs.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to
Lisa Malloy, Health Services Coordinator, MDCHC
Acting Health Services Coordinator
Smiths Falls Community Health Centre
c/o Merrickville District Community Health Centre
P.O. Box 550
Merrickville, ON K0G 1N0
Fax: (613) 269-4958
firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format only)
*MDCHC is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care