Who Is MADD Canada
MADD Canada is a national, grassroots, registered, charitable organization with Chapters and Community Leaders. MADD Canada Chapters are run by volunteers from across the country and include not only mothers, but fathers, friends, business professionals, experts in the anti-impaired driving field, concerned citizens and young people who want to make a difference in the fight against impaired driving.
To stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
How can you help?
Become a MADD Canada volunteer, member and/or sponsor today! Volunteer
for an hour, a day or for years! Training is provided. Contact your
local Chapter for volunteer vacancies - board, non-board, liaison and
subject matter experts etc.
Find Your Local MADD Canada Chapter
26 Chapters & 9 Community Leaders in Ontario
Knowledge / Facts
- Impaired driving is Canada's number one criminal cause of death.
- On average, each and every day, 4 Canadians are killed and another 187 Canadians are injured in alcohol and drug-related crashes.
- More than 70,000 Canadian men, women and children are killed or seriously injured in impaired driving crashes annually.
- Over 100 Chapters and Community Leaders with approximately 7,500 volunteers across Canada.
- Millions red ribbons are distributed each year.
- More than 1,000,000 hits on the website each year.
- 750,000 school-aged kids will get the opportunity to see our multi-media in-school assembly program detailing the dangers and consequences of impaired driving.
- About 200 Canadians call our Victim Services Lines each month for emotional, physical and legal support.
- Over the last 20 years, with the help of our supporters, MADD Canada has been instrumental in saving more than 25,000 lives.
- MADD Canada supports more than 20,000 victims each year by training over 300 Victim Services volunteers and by delivering death notification training to more than 15,000 medical, police, firefighter and victim services personnel.
- http://www.madd.ca and http://www.maddyouth.ca
- Youth Manual http://www.maddyouth.ca/images/madd_youth_manual.pdf
- Poster/Essay Contest http://www.maddyouth.ca/images/english_form.pdf due by May 1st, 2008
- Multi-media Contest http://www.maddyouth.ca/images/2007_mmc.pdf due by April 20th, 2008
- MADD Canada Bursary Fund
- The MADD Canada Bursary Fund is for Canadian students who have had a parent or guardian killed in an impaired-driving related crash and are pursuing any full time educational program that is approved by a provincial Ministry of Education. Bursaries of up to $2000 can be awarded to qualifying students across Canada. http://www.madd.ca/english/youth/bursary_appln.pdf due by May 31st, 2008
For more information, please contact Renata Cvitkovic, Chapter Services Manager, Ontario firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (800) 665-6233 x243 or (905) 829-8805 x243.