Knowledge Integration: Successful Interventions in Urban Health
October 29 - 31, 2008
The Westin Bayshore Resort & Marina
The 7th International Conference on Urban Health now invites abstract
submissions for consideration in the conference program. To submit an
abstract and review the detailed submission guidelines please click on
the following link: http://www.icuh2008.com/guidelines.htm.
This year's theme was chosen to showcase action-oriented projects and best practices. There are obviously many lessons for all of us to learn to affect positive change through practice and policy in our communities throughout the world. Therefore we encourage academics, professionals, members of non-profit organizations, government and the private sector from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to consider submitting an abstract. lease refer to the more specific sub-themes below to identify a potential track for your paper.
All abstracts submitted must address one of the conference topics for inclusion in the program. When submitting an abstract, please select the topic that your abstract applies to from the list noted below. A description of each track can be found at http://www.icuh2008.com/themes_tracks.htm.
- Adolescent and Child Health
- Aging and health in urban settings
- Best practices in meeting urban health challenges
- Community approaches to urban health
- Diversity and urban health
- Drug use, mental health and the urban environment
- Enforcement, security and urban health
- Environmental health and justice in urban settings
- Neighbourhood-level influences on health
- Urban health from a global perspective
- Urban physical environment and health
- Urban social environment and health
Gender-related issues will be addressed as a cross-cutting theme.
Deadline for Submissions: Saturday, May 31, 2008
Notice of Adjudication: July 1-15, 2008
Scholarship Applications can now be found on-line at http://www.icuh2008.com/scholarship_guidelines.htm.
Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2008.