Program: Family Health (1), Adult Health (1), School Health (1), Infectious Disease Prevention (1)
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, leading, organizing and managing specific public health programs and services in consultation with the Director. Develops partnerships with community partners and other public health agencies to achieve common goals for the better health of the citizens of KFL&A. Fosters a culture at KFL&A Public Health that supports public health programs and services of the highest quality.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of study.
- Master's degree in a relevant field of study preferred.
- Current registration with a Professional College where applicable.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in public health or a related field.
- Community development, program planning and team and coalition building.
- Health promotion, protection and disease prevention theory and strategies.
- Leadership experience at both the program/unit and organizational level.
- Management experience preferred.
- Fundamental program specific content knowledge with a demonstrated ability and commitment to acquire advanced content knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated results management skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, evaluating)
- Demonstrated resource management skills (human, financial, information)
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and learn key relationships within the organization and in other organizations.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to political issues and the public health environment
- Demonstrated software proficiency.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
If you are interested in one of these exciting opportunities, please apply in writing by May 2, 2008, to
KFLA Public Health
Fax: (613) 549-7896
Please indicate which opportunities you are interested in being considered for in order of preference.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.