The Diabetes Education Community Network is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, and Toronto East General Hospital. DEC NET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with type 2 diabetes. Emphasis is placed on increasing access for hard to reach, complex, and marginalized populations. We are looking for two full-time Diabetes Nurse Educators to join our team.
- Plans, delivers, and evaluates diabetes education programs and community initiatives, in collaboration with the DEC NET team members. Develops and evaluates diabetes education resources and counseling materials
- Participates in outreach initiatives.
- Specialization in diabetes or an interest in becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diabetes self-management
- Certification as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- Member or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
For complete posting see website http://www.srchc.com.
Deadline: April 30th, 2008
The Hiring Committee
Diabetes Nurse Educator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please