POWER Camp National/Filles d'action is currently seeking an energetic and talented individual to join the team. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the person will be responsible for program management.
POWER Camp National / Filles d'action (PCN/FA) is a national charitable organization that inspires and supports the empowerment, leadership and healthy development of girls and young women across Canada. PCN/FA provides leadership and violence prevention programs for girls in partnership with schools and community organizations. We also facilitate a national network that provides resources and training for organizations and individuals doing work with girls and young women. To further advance our mandate, we also collaborate with academics, policy makers, youth organizations and others whose work supports girls.
- Program Management: oversee the development, planning and implementation of several projects
- Staff management, including training, team building, planning and monitoring teams
- Fundraising and project evaluation
Desired Skills and Qualities
- 3-5 years of project or program management experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience/knowledge of project/program evaluation methods
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent written and oral skills in French and English
- Experience writing grant requests
- Strong feminist and anti-oppression analysis; grasp of organizational subject matter
- Experience facilitating and designing popular education programs
- Highly motivated, creative and energetic
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team; strong ability to contribute to the growth and development of an innovative organization
How to apply
Please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations and at least two references by April 20, 2008, to email@example.com.
Electronic submissions are encouraged.
Applications can also be faxed to (514) 948-5926.
Or mailed to
POWER Camp National - Filles d'action
24 Mont Royal West, Suite 601
Montreal, PQ H2T 2S2
We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.