Hourly: $24.98 - $28.38
One Temporary Part-time Vacancy Exists
Three Years in Duration
Posted: April 11, 2008
Under the general supervision of the Specialist - Compensation and Benefits, develops, implements, and evaluates a health promotion program and its policies to promote and improve the well-being of the City's workforce and the health of its workplaces and employees.
- Collects and reviews existing data and information related to organizational and individual health and wellness levels; conducts ongoing needs assessments.
- Develops and recommends Corporate goals and objectives as they relate to workplace health and wellness initiatives.
- Develops, implements and actively promotes employee health education and wellness programs based on defined priorities and targeted at specific workplace groups; organizes and conducts information and education sessions.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and regular review and reporting on the City's wellness strategy and related programs and initiatives; conducts evaluations of programs and initiatives; makes recommendations regarding viability, modifications, or discontinuance based on evaluation results.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates health communication initiatives; assumes the role of ‘ambassador' with regard to workplace wellness; compiles health and wellness resources for workplace distribution.
- Collaborates with other members of the Human Resources Department in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion programs.
- Remains current with the literature on workplace health and wellness, including health promotion strategies, to assist with priority setting, program targeting and determination of workplace strategies.
- Prepares written and verbal reports as requested.
- Chairs the wellness steering committee; participates on other committees related to health and wellness.
- Provides training and consultation on health promotion strategies to HR Division, workplace managers, and unions.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in kinesiology, health promotion, recreation, or a related discipline.
- Experience in a computerized environment, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software;
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to express ideas effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Proactive, outgoing and the ability to communicate effectively in group settings;
- Thorough knowledge of analytical research methodologies and computerized analytical techniques;
- Well developed research, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability in identifying priorities for targeted health promotion programming by reviewing epidemiological, behavioural and socio-demographic data related to health promotion.
Conditions of Employment:
Must undergo a successful police records check, Type I.
Closing Date: Monday, April 21, 2008
For more information on employment opportunities at the City of Thunder Bay,
visit our website at http://www.thunderbay.ca/jobs or call our Job Hotline at (807) 625-3458.
Application Forms must reference the competition number and be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date to
141 May Street, South,
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1A9