Bridgepoint Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient complex care and complex rehabilitation services. The Hospital operates as part of Bridgepoint Health - an integrated health care organization comprised of hospital care, long-term care, community rehabilitation and research. Our vision is to be a fully integrated Centre of Excellence recognized as Canada's leader in complex care - the new frontier of health care.
Live Well! Resource Centre Coordinator
Part-time Temporary (12 months)
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Resource Centre Coordinator to provide expertise in the direction, coordination, organization and delivery of Bridgepoint's LiveWell! Resource Centre services and to meet the specific information and education needs of Bridgepoint's community (patients, staff, family members). The LiveWell! Resource Centre has a special focus to support people living with complex chronic disease.
As the Live Well! Resource Centre Coordinator, you will plan, develop and manage resources, conduct information searches and provide document delivery services. Through collaboration with Toronto Public Library staff, you will ensure a seamless service delivery to LiveWell! and Patient Library clients. This will include directing the work of volunteers in the resource centre and, in the future, additional resource centre personnel. You will coordinate hours of operations and have a flexible work schedule to provide maximum coverage for patient and family-centred service delivery. As well, you will conduct user education, training and provides health promotion and consumer health information.
This position reports to the LiveWell! Strategy Lead and is a member of the LiveWell! Team. As well, the incumbent is responsible for the development, coordination, organization and delivery of LiveWell! services to meet the information and educational needs of staff, patients and family at Bridgepoint Health.
- College diploma, University degree or a Master's degree from a Library, Information Management, Health Promotion or related program from a recognized institution
- Three-five years related experience managing the day-to-day operations of a resource centre, preferably in a health related field
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Proven experience with overseeing a budget, statistical tracking, evaluation and reporting
- Familiarity with community resources and related health networks
- Excellent consultative skills with an ability to identify resource needs and make appropriate recommendations or resource action plan
- Strong team player with an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including staff, patients and family members from diverse communities
- Proven ability to multi-task, and manage priorities effectively with a commitment to innovation and continuous quality improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a commitment to delivering high quality customer service in a professional and polite manner
- Strong research skills with an ability to present information appropriately to different audiences
- Self-motivated, proactive and works independently in a changing and challenging environment
- Proficient in using library systems, Microsoft Office applications and the internet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to the address below:
14 St. Matthews Road
Toronto, Ontario, M4M 2B5
Fax: (416) 461-9972
Visit our web site: http://www.bridgepointhealth.ca.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.