Date Posted: April 10, 2008
Closing Date: April 26, 2008
Position: Project Officer
Department: Program Training and Consultation Centre, Prevention Unit
Location: Provincial Office, Toronto, on
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time, 1 year contract
Note: Some of our job vacancy advertising may show the UHN log, or make reference to University Health Network. While CCO acquires some of its recruitment advertising from UHN, this opportunity is directly with Cancer Care Ontario, a separate organization.
The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC) is a resource centre of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy that provides training and consultation services to professionals working in tobacco control in Ontario. A Project Officer is required to play a leadership role within a multidisciplinary team of staff and consultants in developing and implementing PTCC's collaborative projects. The Project Officer will be reporting to the Manager, PTCC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead PTCC's collaborative projects, working with PTCC partners and consultants, the Ministry of Health Promotion, Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy resource centres and other stakeholders, including public health departments and non-governmental organizations.
- Guide the action plan resulting from the implementation of a study to assess the skills of Ontario tobacco control professionals
- Manage the request for proposal process with external consultants
- Manage the logistics of a tobacco control enforcement conference for Ontario
- Develop and implement information and training sessions for clients on tobacco control and core skills, in collaboration with other stakeholders and partners.
- Manage PTCC resources, including resource revisions, publishing, printing and dissemination
- Monitor progress towards program targets and reporting
- Act as a consultant to provide information, resources and referrals for health professionals in public health units, community coalitions, community health centres, and volunteer organizations
- Masters degree in health, psychology or a related area and at least three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion and public health theory and practice
- Knowledge of tobacco control in Ontario
- Demonstrated experience in project management and planning.
- Superior organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and independently, using sound judgement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Competence in French is an asset.
We prefer to receive applications online.
Please apply online at http://www.cancercare.on.ca.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.