9:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Central Location (address will be provided upon registration)
- Tara Lyons, Executive Director, Canadian Students for a Sensible Drug Policy--an educated response to Canada's Federal Anti-Drug "Strategy"
- Tom Walker, Counsellor/Trainer--what is "excited delirium" and how should we respond to it?
- Wende Wood, Psychiatric Pharmacist, CAMH--an interactive discussion about concurrent disorders, self-medicating, drug interactions
- Caroline Meyer, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine--how naturopathy can help reduce drug related harm and promote self care
- Lori Naylor, Counsellor, Breakaway Satellite--acu-detox treatment to relieve anxiety, cravings and promote well being (free demos!)
If you work directly with any marginalized population where drug use is a concern, this forum is for you! There is no fee to attend and all front line and peer workers are welcome. A vegetarian friendly lunch will be provided.
Pre-registration is required because space is limited. Please register via email to email@example.com citing "Spring Forum" in the subject line. Include your name, job title, agency affiliation and telephone number in the body of your email. Your completed registration will be confirmed by reply email and will include the venue location and travel directions. Thank you.
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network mailing list, http://www.canadianharmreduction.com/join.php]