PROJECT COORDINATOR, DISORDERED EATING PROJECT
One-Year Full-Time Contract (with possibility of extension)
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Responsible to the Project Manager, Disordered Eating, the Project Coordinator provides support and planning expertise to the project team and stakeholders in implementing key project goals and deliverables. Support the fulfillment of the accountabilities outlined in the Central East LHIN Disordered Eating priority project charter. Conduct research into Best Practices and develop LHIN-wide case management protocols for patients with eating disorders and their families as they transfer within and between levels of care. Deliver caregiver education and support to broad range of individuals connected to individuals with Eating Disorders. The Coordinator will work out of Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
- Demonstrating a community mental health intensive case-management/transition coordinator role to support individuals who are (1) transitioning from in-patient care delivered outside of the LHIN and (2) to provide outreach supports for individuals/families who are struggling/at higher risk.
- Enhancing caregiver/family support programming.
- Supporting and implementing education and awareness initiatives designed to enable the earliest possible identification and intervention by families and health care providers.
- Participation in a LHIN-wide cross-sector advisory team to provide guidance for future investments in disordered eating and eating disorders programming within the LHIN.
- Post Secondary Degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Three to five years recent related clinical and/or coordinator experience.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within specified time frames.
- Previous experience in Eating Disorder clinical services would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively with staff, physicians, volunteers and patients/families.
- Excellent human resources management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to function in an independent , self-directed manner as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of adult education theories and practice
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of Word, MS Project and Excel spreadsheet programs (minimum)
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet unpredictable time lines and project requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
Hours of work are primarily Monday to Friday daytime hours; however, evening and weekend hours will be required from time to time during implementation stages. Work is performed in an office environment in Peterborough, Ontario, as well as in various hospital and agency sites across the Central East LHIN region. Use of personal vehicle for extensive travel throughout the CE region is required.
Please send a cover letter and resume by Friday May 9, 2008.
Word, WordPerfect, HTML, RTF, TXT or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
1 Hospital Drive
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.