ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROMOTER
PART-TIME MATERNITY LEAVE (0.5 FTE)
STARTING JULY, 2008
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring one part-time Environmental Health Promoter. This is a contract position to work 2.5 days per week.
- Identify community health needs in relationship to the environment.
- Develop and plan environmental programs
- Establish relationships with organizations and community.
- Work on projects to address children's environmental health and indoor air quality.
- To build individual and community capacity to advocate on their own behalf re environmental health issues.
- Promote equity concepts and environmental health
- Coordinate, implement and oversee health education/promotion programs in the Centre.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate project plans and budget proposals.
- Post-graduate degree in environmental health, health, social science, adult education, or a combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills, experience and knowledge of health promotion and education, community organizing techniques, and program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Three to five years' health promotion/education experience
Deadline: May 21, 2008
For more information see our website: http://www.srchc.com/downloads/JobPostingEnvironmentalHealthPromoter2008%20May.pdf
The Hiring Committee
Environmental Health Promoter
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3