The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multiservice centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services to residents of South East Toronto. The centre is a member of the Diabetes Education Community Network of East Toronto [DEC NET] - a partnership with Toronto East General Hospital and East End Community Health Centre.
DEC NET is looking for a permanent, full-time Community Dietitian to join its team. For a full description of the position, please see our website: http://www.srchc.ca/downloads/JobPostingCommunityDietitian2008May.pdf
- Plan, implement, deliver, and evaluate diabetes education programs, resources and community initiatives.
- Act as a nutrition consultant
- Thorough knowledge of, and proficiency in nutrition care
- Nutrition education and clinical counseling experience
- Ability to speak and write a South Asian Language is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the impact of social determinants of health
- Experience with diabetes education, outreach, and/or community-based health care preferred
- Completion of an accredited Dietetic internship
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and Dietitians of Canada
Deadline: May 28, 2008
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3