Position No.: 2008-20
Position Title: Health Promotion Specialist - Permanent
35 hrs/week - 1 FTE
Division/Program: Community Health & Disease Prevention, Healthy Living
Program Manager: Health Living
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate health promotion strategies in the area of chronic disease. This will include community development, program planning and evaluation, coalition building, inter-community collaboration, policy development and social marketing. The assignment will include coordination of Heart Health Network.
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flexible working hours are required
Position Effective: Mid June, 2008
- Baccalaureate degree in health or related discipline.
- Masters degree in health promotion or health sciences.
- Proven expertise in health promotion strategies including adult education, social marketing, health education, health communication, community development and mobilization, program planning and evaluation, coalition building and advocacy.
- Experience in engaging multiple stakeholders in working together on health promotion strategies that target youth and adults.
- Excellent presentation skills, written and verbal communications, group facilitation skills and computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and use of vehicle.
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fergus, ON N1M 2W3
Fax (519) 846-0323
To view the full Job Posting, kindly go to http://www.wdgph.org.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, May 28, 2008, at 4:30 p.m.