No. Of Openings & Position Location:
One (1) contract full-time (approximately seventeen (17) months) at 44 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of Work:
35 hours/week-Monday through Friday
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Access & Information Services, you will manage the Health Services Web Development Process and serve as a subject matter expert for Health Services staff on web-based health promotion. Your responsibilities will include:
- providing expertise and instruction to staff in multiple program areas on the Web Development Process and on web content development
- maintaining web process tools and procedures
- consulting with web project teams to ensure web sites are user friendly and are integrated/coordinated with other departmental, corporate and external sites
- leading a network of web program content representatives
- coordinating staff training
- liaising Communication Services (Web Team, Public Affairs, etc.) and Information & Technology Services
- monitoring and reporting on performance metrics (e.g. Web Trends). You will also serve as the lead publisher of material on Health Services' Pathways (intranet) sites, coordinating the response to requests and building web pages using Dreamweaver software.
- University degree in Health Promotion, Communications, or related discipline
- minimum three years related experience, including significant experience in the use of the web as a social marketing tool
- knowledge of Health Services Department programs and services understanding of process management and performance metrics
- knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong research and analytical skills
- sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated ability to work independently and lead projects and processes
- excellent customer service, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- well-developed organizational and time management skills
- strong computer skills with proficiency in MS-Office applications and web publishing software
- expertise in Dreamweaver an asset.
*Should this position become regular, it will not necessarily be reposted.
Salary Range: $55,142 - $68,928
Please make reference to Posting 08-253 on your cover letter or resume
To apply for this position please visit our website at http://www.peelregion.ca and click on careers. Deadline to submit your resume is on June 08, 2008.
We thank all candidates for applying however only those being interviewed will be contacted.
The Region of Peel is an equal opportunity employer.