Job Type: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CANADA;
Job Category: Healthcare Support, Education
Company URL: http://www.region.peel.on.ca
Post Date: 03/06/2008
Job Reference ID: HPO # 08-332 Workplace Health
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive career opportunity within the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division in the Peel Health Department.
Health Promotion Officer, Workplace Health (Public Health) File # 08-332
As a workplace health consultant on the Workplace Health team, you will promote workplace health programming to public and private business sectors as well as local business associations with the Region of Peel. You will research and analyze workplace health trends and plan event to update stakeholders on the critical health issues impacting workplaces. You will provide consultation to management and workplace health professionals in the area of comprehensive workplace health and assist them in developing appropriate plans. You will develop targeted communications in a variety of media including PowerPoint, print and the web. You will work collaboratively with other Health teams and divisions to share your workplace expertise.
If you possess
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Experience and or education in workplace health would be an asset
- knowledge of Mandatory Programs and Service Guidelines in the area of workplace
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- an ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills
- knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Outlook
- experience in writing for the web
- an ability to travel to various locations across the Region of Peel and work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $55,142-$68,928
- a comprehensive benefits package
- tuition assistance
- training and development
- advancement opportunities
- a pension plan (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System-OMERS)
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please apply online, by June 18, 2008.
If you have educational credentials from another country, you may need to have your credentials assessed in order to determine Canadian equivalency. Please review the Canadian Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website for further details. Service Canada also provides information regarding referral services toll-free at 1-888-854-1805.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.