National Grants Coordinator
Date Posted: June 19, 2008
Position Status: Full-time permanent position
Description of the Position: Reporting to the Director, National Grants, SickKids Foundation is currently seeking an individual to fill the role of National Grants Coordinator. This position serves a key role by coordinating the granting process of National Grants at SickKids Foundation in support of child health research, capacity development and knowledge exchange across Canada.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- On a day-to-day basis coordinate the health research granting process, including: intake of applications, review and decision process, notification to applicants and grant file administration.
- Communicate effectively granting opportunities and guidelines to applicants, grant recipients, volunteer reviewers and others in the health research community.
- Interpret policies for grant applicants and recipients. Identify and recommend policy issues for resolution by senior grants staff and/or grants advisory committee members.
- Support volunteer expert peer reviewers throughout review process and at grant review meetings.
- Follow-up with grant recipients for outcomes of research, including application and exchange of knowledge.
- Write fairly complex documents and letters using creativity and judgment.
- Use grants database (GIFTS) to record and track grants from application intake to final reporting.
- Other duties as necessary to provide support to colleagues
The successful applicant must have:
- 2+ years experience of health research granting coordination
- Experience in supporting and working with senior volunteers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- MS Office applications experience, especially Word and Excel.
- Database software experience would be an asset
- Discretion, tact, diplomacy and attention to detail are essential
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to constantly re-prioritize work in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- Experience working in a Fundraising environment an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and communication
About SickKids Foundation: SickKids Foundation was established in 1972. Its mission is to inspire its communities to invest in health and scientific advances to improve the lives of children and their families in Canada and around the world. Its vision is "Healthier Children. A Better World." In 2007, SickKids Foundation made the largest charitable investment in children's health care in Canada. A total of $75.5 million was invested in The Hospital for Sick Children and national initiatives across the country. Since the establishment of SickKids Foundation 35 years ago, community support has generated $1 billion towards child health research, education and care.
Available to: Qualified internal & external candidates
Deadline: Internal: June 26, 2008
External: July 3, 2008
Submit Resume to :
Human Resources Department
525 University Avenue, 14th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L3
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.