The Sudbury & District Health Unit (SDHU) has an exciting opportunity in its Sudbury office for a Public Health Nutritionist. Reporting to a Program Manager in the Health Promotion Division, you will develop, implement and evaluate nutrition programs and services according to current mandatory guidelines and provide your expert knowledge to health unit staff, health and social service professionals, educators, media and the community at large.
- Oversees students on placement, peer educators, volunteers, interns, and professionals in training
- Assumes a leadership role to achieve priorities outlined in the Sudbury & District Health Unit Strategic Plan.
- Liaises with internal and external committees, task forces and coalitions, and encourages, supports and participates in the formation of policies relevant to food and nutrition issues within the community.
- Assumes an advocacy role for nutrition issues and participates in applied nutrition research as appropriate.
- Provides input into budget requirements and is responsible for the cost effectiveness of relevant nutrition programs that maximize health outcomes.
- Maintains required professional memberships and competencies.
- Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health and eligible for membership with Dietitians of Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized university, as well as a master's degree in nutrition, as specified in Ontario Regulation 164/84, Health Protection and Promotion Act, 1990.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- A minimum two years' nutrition experience, preferably in family health, is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle insured as per agency policy because travel is required.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check is required.
Resumés will be accepted until July 3, 2008, and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Louise Mitchell, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: (705) 522-9200, ext. 430
Fax: (705) 522-5182
Please include title of the position in the subject line
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.