The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of public health services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this regular full-time opportunity at the Peel Health Services department within our Family Health division.
Health Promotion Officer, Child & Reproductive Health Program (Public Health) File # 08-368
As a Health Promotion Officer in the Child and Reproductive Health Program, you will be responsible for the development of logic models and evaluation plans, data analysis, policy development and campaign work. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials to meet program objectives. Your program focus within the Child and Reproductive Health will focus on Parenting and Breastfeeding. You will assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of campaingns related to parenting, childhood obesity and breastfeeding. As well, you will develop educational materials and apply health promotion principles and strategies to program planning and policy development in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to effectively meet mandatory programs and service guidelines.
If you possess:
- a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1-3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- knowledge of current issues related to Parenting, Breastfeeding and Reproductive Health
- a well developed knowledge of key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key program messages
- strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ability to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear form you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $55,142 $68,928
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please submit your application online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select Health Promotion Officer, Child & Reproductive Health Program (Public Health) File # 08-368.
The position is located at 44 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton and it closes on July 16, 2008.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.