The Ontario Tobacco Research Unit (OTRU, http://www.otru.org) is seeking a Research Assistant to provide support to evaluation projects. Reporting to the Director of Evaluation and Monitoring, the Research Assistant will work within a multi-disciplinary team assisting with quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation projects.
- Help schedule and conduct semi structured interviews.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative statistical analyses.
- Assist with the preparation and production of project reports, presentations, and publications
- Minimum educational level: undergraduate degree
- Previous experience in research and evaluation
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
This position commences as soon as possible and will last for four months. There is some flexibility in scheduling. Terms and conditions of employment are governed by the Casuals collective agreement between the University of Toronto and United Steelworkers of America.
Posting date: July 3rd 2008
Closing date: July 16th 2008, at 4:00 p.m.
Interested applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to Michelle Poirier, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m. July 16th, 2008.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.