These introductory-level workshops cover the basics of THCU's recommended step models. In each workshop, we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the "why" and "how" of each step,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- identify quality sources of more information, tools and personalized consultation services.
We recommend these sessions for
- Anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- Front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate programs and services.
- Managers or team leaders who train or advise staff about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Participants may enroll in day one, day two, or both sessions:
- Day One: Planning Health Promotion Programs (AM) and Evaluating Health Promotion Programs (PM)
- Day Two: Influencing Policy Change and Development(AM), Developing Health Communication Activities (PM)
This set of workshops will be offered:
- November 12th and 13th, 2008 in Sault Ste Marie, SSM Holiday Inn on the Waterfront
- December 1st and 2nd, 2008 in Whitby, Carruthers Creek Golf & Country Club
- January 14th and 15th, 2009 in Brantford, Brant Park Inn
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer all THCU workshops and services for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/registration.cfm. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available.