One year contract, full-time,
Local Food Plus (LFP) is a non-profit organization committed to growing environmentally, socially and economically sustainable local food systems, in order to foster vibrant regional economies.
Local Food Plus (LFP) works in three main ways to help grow local sustainable food systems - through a certification system that identifies farmers and processors who are producing food in ways that are environmentally and socially sustainable, a market development program that opens new markets for certified farmers and processors, and a public education program. The President requires an assistant who can provide the support needed to operate at peak efficiency and to help support communications and fundraising roles.
- Manage the President's schedule by responding to speaking invitations, phone calls and emails on behalf of the President
- Organize and coordinate meetings and events for the President
- Keep website up to date, including helping to write news releases
- Provide administrative support for grant proposals and reports
- Prepare briefing notes and assemble materials for the President on a wide range of food-related subjects
- Perform administrative duties as required by the President
- Experience in an Administrative role
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and web experience
- Ability to synthesize material for briefing notes and correspondence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines
- Experience with working in a non-profit environment an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- A strong commitment to growing local sustainable food systems according to LFP principles
- Knowledge of food system issues and of the Ontario Greenbelt an asset
Compensation: $40,000 to $45,000 annually, depending on experience, plus a full benefits package
LFP is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all interested individuals.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquires please.
Date Posted: June 24, 2008
Application Deadline: July 16, 2008
Start date: Approximately August 20, 2008
[Source: Foodshare eNews, http://www.foodshare.net/newsletter_main.htm]