Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association) is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support Ontario's school communities through advocacy, quality program supports and partnerships to enable children and youth to lead active healthy lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, child care educators and recreation leaders, and Ophea works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Marketing & Communications Projects Coordinator is required by Ophea to coordinate the implementation of marketing and communications activities and for assisting in the planning, reporting and related administration processes.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
Post Secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications, public/media relations, journalism, English, or related discipline. An understanding and knowledge related to health and physical education, physical activity, health promotion and the Ontario education sector is an asset. Bilingualism is also an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
Extremely strong writing and editing skills. Experience developing communications materials including brochures, advertisements, and newsletters. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at one time. Strong organization, interpersonal and research skills essential. Ability to work in a team and independently as well as an ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at one time. Experience in project management, writing reports and developing presentations is essential. Understanding of graphic design, the printing process and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator an asset. Bilingualism is preferred.
1. Coordinates and supports the implementation of marketing and communication activities
- provides writing, editing and proofreading support organizationally
- supports the Marketing and Communications Leader in the development and implementation of communications plans
- supports the development and production of communications materials (brochures, newsletters, advertisements, web) with support from the Marketing and Communications Leader
- supports the planning and implementation of promotions and events
- participates actively in team meetings
2. Coordinates market research for Ophea and its initiatives
- conducts research on marketplace, competitors and clientele
3. Provides administrative support for projects in his/her portfolio
- provides administrative support to Leaders and project committees as required
- provides administrative support to external consultants where required
- provides customer service to clients
- provides summary reports as required
- maintains accurate project records and files, manually and electronically
- records summary of team meeting discussions using meeting minutes tool
4. Monitors and maintains budgets specific to project portfolio
- investigates and collects supplier quotes
- supports budget development for projects in portfolio
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply, please forward your resume no later than July 14, 2008, to:
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
North York, ON M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted