Closing Date: Monday August 4, 2008
Location: Toronto preferred. Negotiable within Ontario. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
For over 20 years Health Nexus (formerly the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse) has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. At little or no cost, we help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies, which aim to enhance well-being and reduce demand on the health care and social service systems. Our strategic areas of focus are: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion). At Health Nexus, we envision a future where health inequities are reduced and the health of our communities is improved through collective commitment, action and innovation.
Health Nexus seeks a full-time Health Promotion Consultant. The successful applicant will work with the Best Start Resource Centre, hosted by Health Nexus, and will focus primarily on promotion of early childhood health and development. Best Start Resource Centre provides health promotion training, consultation and information services to Ontario service providers who promote preconception, prenatal and child health.
- Develop and implement provincial child health promotion strategies including provincial surveys, awareness campaigns, client resources and service provider manuals
- Provide consultations and training across the province of Ontario to support and assist diverse audiences
- Research and develop presentations, proposals, project budgets and related materials
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects
- Work with staff, contractors, topic experts and advisory groups in the development of child health strategies
- Establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local, provincial and national organizations and health promotional professionals
- Respond to inquiries from service providers about promoting healthy child development
- Monitor health promotion trends and issues
- Graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field
- Comprehensive understanding of health promotion and the broad determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to early child development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in meeting/workshop facilitation, program design, and educational resource development
- Ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
- Demonstrated program planning, project management and evaluation experience
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Preference will be given to candidates with excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French. Candidates without French proficiency will be considered
- Knowledge of diverse communities, including Francophones
- Word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets & databases
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.