Position: Public Health Nurse
Organization: KFL&A Public Health
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Deadline: August 1, 2008
Program: Family Health
Team: Healthy Babies, Healthy Children
Promotes and protects the health and well-being of individuals and communities, in multiple sites such as homes, schools, and workplaces. Uses evidence based practice to inform health policies and programs, and to implement Ontario Public Health Standards and protocols. Uses evidence-based and sustainable strategies to plan and deliver health promotion and disease prevention programs and services. Works as a team member and promotes KFL&A Public Health's values and standards in the community. Provides leadership and collaborates effectively with community agencies, partners, and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing which includes public health nursing preparation.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Previous experience in reproductive & child health, including breast feeding support is preferred.
- Experience in high risk home visiting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge in reproductive & child health and in breast feeding support is preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Basic computer software proficiency.
- Ability to access, understand and utilize research literature to support and promote evidence-based practice
- Valid drivers license
- Access to a reliable vehicle and public liability and property damage insurance (1,000,000)
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
If you are interested in one this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by August 1, 2008, to Human Resources, KFLA Public Health: email@example.com.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.