Position: Data Entry Clerk
Department: Prevention Unit
Location: University Avenue, Toronto
Status: Temp Full-time
Closing Date: August 6, 2008
The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC) is a resource centre of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and is a funded program of the Ministry of Health Promotion. The program employs staff and consultants in partner organizations across Ontario and is led and administered through the Prevention Unit, Division of Preventive Oncology at Cancer Care Ontario. The PTCC Administrative Secretary (Data Entry and Workshop Coordination) will be responsible for entering new media coverage daily into a database, creating a daily summary of media coverage, and remote coordination of training workshops that occur in communities across Ontario.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter new tobacco-related media coverage into a searchable online database on a daily basis.
- Generate daily summary of tobacco-related media coverage.
- Provide input to PTCC staff to produce monthly media trending charts and analytical reports.
- Work with PTCC staff and consultants, Tobacco Control Area Networks and community health agencies to coordinate workshops for 2008-09.
- Work with PTCC workshop leaders and local hosts to confirm workshop dates, venues and catering; prepare and ship workshop materials.
- Enter workshop evaluation questionnaire data and develop evaluation reports for each workshop.
- Coordinate other PTCC events as required and perform other related administrative duties as assigned.
- Completion of Secondary School plus two to three years related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a PC with specific knowledge of MS Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Explorer.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver and team player.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritize work.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires discretion in dealing with confidential information.
Salary Range: $29,596 to $38,467
We prefer to receive applications online: http://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/cancercare_ontario/JobDescription.asp?JobNumber=578062
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.